Sunday, December 26, 2010

Angel Hair Pasta with Fresh Tomatoes

WOW I'm getting better at this posting more often thing already! Two posts in one day! I'm on a roll! *claps for Addie*


Anyway... This is the recipe that I was talking about earlier. It was really awesome so I decided to post it! It's super easy and comes together pretty quickly. It looks really pretty too, which is cool :) I got this from my new book, The Starving Students' Vegetarian Cookbook by Dede Hall. So here's the recipe!

2 tablespoons olive oil
3 garlic cloves, chopped
6 fresh mushrooms, sliced
4 Roma tomatoes, chopped into 1/4 inch pieces
6 large fresh basil leaves, cup up
dash salt & pepper, to taste
8 oz angel hair pasta

1. Boil the water for pasta. While pasta is boiling, make the sauce...
2. In a skillet, over high heat, heat oil 1 minute. Stir in garlic and mushrooms. Cook and stir a couple of minutes, or until mushrooms are soft.
3. Reduce heat to medium, add tomatoes, basil leaves, and salt & pepper and stir to blend ingredients well. Cook 6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. While sauce is cooking, put angel hair pasta into the boiling water and cook according to package directions. Careful: angel hair pasta cooks VERY quickly!
5. Drain cooked pasta. Serve tomato sauce over top of pasta. Enjoy!

This recipe is vegan!

2 comments:

  1. ooh, it's vegan too? my mom's vegan...maybe we can make this sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got that book for Christmas! Sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete