Saturday, July 17, 2010

Rice Salad

I just made this last night... My mom, dad, and brother were all having hamburgers and I got the task of making a side dish that they could use as a side dish and I could use as a main dish... The answer = Rice Salad. It's my new favorite salad! It's great with something and on it's own, too! This is a perfect lunch to bring to school if the cafeteria is serving things like BBQ Pork, Beef Burritos, or Orange Chicken (orange?!). I got this from TheVeggieTable.com. This makes quite a bit of salad so if you want to make just one serving, you will need to alter the amount of each ingredient used.

Approximately 6 large Iceberg lettuce leaves
2 cups cooked rice
1/2 cup corn
1 cup carrots**
1 cup cucumbers**
1 cup green peppers**
1/2 cup shredded cheese (optional)
**Can be substituted with a different vegetable

1. Chop lettuce into bite sized pieces and put at the bottom of a large bowl.
2. Mix together the rice and corn, then put on top of the lettuce
3. Finely chop the carrots, cucumbers, and peppers, then put them on top of the rice. Add cheese if desired.
4. Toss the salad, and enjoy!

Without the cheese, this recipe is vegan.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy! Personally, though, I'm not a rice person. Ugh, I hate everything! I'm a downer, I know. *I hate food, blah blah blah!* Haha. You stopped following my blog again. Accident or purpose, you tell me. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Ey Addedette! (Okay, enough made up names)

    I really don't seem to mind if you don't follow, personally! But it would be nice, but it is up to you. Do what you like!

    ReplyDelete