Saturday, May 8, 2010

Vegetarian Cesar Dressing

As you may know, Cesar dressing usually contains anchovies, which means you probably avoid it. Here's a recipe for Cesar dressing. The good news: it's completely vegetarian! I got this from Okay, So Now You're A Vegetarian, by Lauren Butts.

1/2 tsp minced garlic
2 tsp mayonnaise
Pinch of ground pepper
1/4 cup olive or vegetable oil
3 tbsp red wine vinegar

In a food processor, combine the garlic, mayo, pepper, oil, and vinegar. Process for 10 seconds or until the garlic is finely chopped.

That's it! Try making this ahead of time and storing it in the refrigerator, so you can use it whenever you want a salad. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I know! When I first turned veggie I was like oh, salad is vegetarian then I was about to put on Cesar dressing then I though "hey, I wonder what is in here!". Not exciting, but this seems like a good recipe, I will defiantly try it! :)

    ReplyDelete