Monday, May 10, 2010
Sounds weird, huh? I've been posting a lot of foods that may sound strange, but really, give them a try! They're delicious! Anyway, this recipe is for spaghetti pie. This is a very good meal to make for any picky eaters. Basically, it's pasta, sauce, and cheese. Very easy to make, and very good! It reminds me of Chicken Parmesan, but without the chicken. I got this recipe from Okay, So Now You're A Vegetarian, by Lauren Butts.
1/2 pound spaghetti noodles
2 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for pie plate
2 large eggs, well beaten
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup ricotta cheese
1 cup vegetarian marinara sauce
3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350. Prepare spaghetti noodles according to directions on package.
2. While noodles are cooking, oil the pie plate. Beat the eggs in a small bowl and add 1/2 cup of the Parmesan cheese.
3. When noodles are finished, toss in a bowl with the 2 tablespoons of oil. Pour egg mixture over top of that, and toss until all noodles are covered in egg. Pour noodles into oiled pie plate.
4. Pour the marinara sauce over the noodles. Spread ricotta cheese on top. Put in the oven and bake for 30 minutes, then take out. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over the pie, and put back into the oven for 7 minutes.
5. Let cool for ten minutes. Put remaining Parmesan cheese on top, and serve.
As always, leave a comment and let me know how you liked this recipe!
**Make sure this is cooked all the way. If it's not, the eggs will be runny and it will be gross!**