Saturday, May 8, 2010

Fruit Pizza

I was going through my posts, labeling them breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack or dessert, and I realized that apple pie was the only dessert I have posted! Of course, that may be a good thing, because dessert is the most un-healthy meal of the day, but what if you don't like apple pie? Haha, here's my solution... Fruit Pizza! It may sound odd, but it is excellent. It's really pretty, plus, very easy to make. Use whatever fruits you like!

1 roll of ready-made sugar cookie crust (you can make your own if desired)
1 can of cream cheese frosting
Sliced fruit such as...
  • Strawberries
  • Peaches
  • Kiwi
  • Pineapple
  • Raspberries
  • Blueberries
  • Mandarin Oranges
  • Anything else you like!
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Roll out the cookie dough into a crust to fit a 12 inch pizza pan. Put in the oven and bake for 9-12 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool completely.
2. Frost with cream cheese frosting, then use the fruit to top the pizza. Enjoy!

Here are some ideas for "decorating" the pizza...
  • Use only one type of fruit. Once I made "peach pizza". It was great!
  • Use fruit that is the same color as the occasion. For example, use strawberries and blueberries for Independence Day.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, this is a gorgeouz blog, such a great idea!!! Truth be told, I don't like most veggies but I love the fruit recipes!!!!!

    ReplyDelete