Friday, April 16, 2010

Summer Spaghetti

This has been one of my favorite recipes since I was about eleven years old! I got it from a recipe book called "500 5 Ingredient Recipes". Literally, all of the meals have 5 ingredients. I was looking for another recipe book, and I dug that book up! I've had to for a while, so I was not a vegetarian when I got it, so there are a lot of recipes containing meat. However, there is a meatless section, so I'm planning on putting some recipes from that book. In the mean time, here's the summer spaghetti recipe!

2 cups of mixed vegetables (any kind you think would be good! I like to use snow peas, carrots, bell peppers, green beans, etc...)
8 ounces spaghetti
2 tbsps olive oil
1/4 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
1/8 tsp freshly ground pepper

1. Place vegetables in a colander. Cook pasta according to package directions. When draining pasta, pour the water over vegetables in colander.
2. Transfer the pasta/veggie mix to a serving bowl. Drizzle with oil, tossing to coat. Sprinkle with cheese and pepper.

That's it! It's a really simple recipe, and without the cheese, it's vegan! Just make sure to use vegan noodles.


No comments:

Post a Comment