Sunday, April 18, 2010

Fruit Pancakes

Ah, these pancakes are what made me love cooking! I've been making these since I was eight, and they're really awesome: ten times better than bacon you might have used to eat at breakfast time! I like to add fruit to them, but if you don't want to add fruit, feel free to leave it out. Also, you could chop up some berries or peaches put them on the plate to enjoy with pancakes. Either way tastes great! Try making some on Saturday morning, then freezing them so you can heat them up before school. This recipe only makes eight tiny pancakes, so I usually double it if I'm making these for my whole family. I got this from D.K.'s Children's Cookbook :) (I've had this one forever!)

1 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
2-3 pinches salt
2/3 cup milk
1 egg
1/4 cup sugar
Butter or margarine (to fry pancakes)
Fresh or frozen berries, peaches, bananas, or any other fruit you think would taste good in this (optional)
Maple syrup (optional)

1. Mix the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar in a medium bowl (large bowl if doubling). Set aside.
2. Crack the eggs into a glass measuring cup, then add milk. Whisk together, then pour into flour mixture. Combine all ingredients until wet.
3. Over medium heat, melt the butter in a large frying pan. When the butter begins to bubble, put in a quarter cup of pancake mix.
4. Fry the pancakes for approximately 2 minutes for each side. You will know when the underside is almost done when the edges are hard and bubbles appear on the top of the uncooked side. Check to see if the underside is golden-brown.
5. If desired, put the fruit in the uncooked side, and flip. Fry until cooked throughly. Put on a plate and serve with syrup and fruit!

No comments:

Post a Comment