Saturday, March 6, 2010

Enchiladas!

For the past few weeks, I've been on a quest for the perfect cheese enchilada recipe. Living in New Mexico, cheese enchiladas are pretty much how I survive... All the Mexican resturant dishes contain meat, except for this one. I really wanted to find a really good recipe I could make at home, so I began my quest to find it. I finally found it tonight! It's great, and much less greasy than the ones I live off of at restaurants. Try it, and I assure you that you will not be disappointed! I got this from theveggietable.com

Two 1o oz cans enchilada sauce (if it is available, try the Kroger brand)
1/2 cup chopped onions (optional)
1 diced jalapeno pepper (optional)
2 1/2 cups grated cheese
6-8 tortillas

1. Mix together the onions, jalapenos, and two cups of the cheese. Spread half of the sauce on the bottom of a 13x9 inch pan. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Put about 1/4 cup of the cheese mix in the middle of each tortilla. Tightly wrap each tortilla, then place in the pan, seam side down.
3. Pour the remaining sauce on top of enchiladas. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top of that.
4. Cover pan with foil. Put pan in preheated oven for 20 mins. Enjoy!

OPTIONAL: step 5: serve over top a bed of lettuce and tomatoes, along with a side of vegetarian refried beans for a complete meal.

As always, leave a comment and let me know how you liked this recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment