Saturday, January 16, 2010

Tostados (or Tostadas)

I just made these tonight, and they were great! My whole family loved them. Plus, they took about 15 minutes to make!
I got this recipe from my wonderful book, "Okay, So Now You're A Vegetarian", by Lauren Butts!

For 4 Servings (2 Tostados per serving)

One 14 oz can Vegetarian Refried Beans
2 tbsp Water
8 Tostado Shells
2 cups Cheddar Cheese, grated
1 large Tomato, diced
1 Avocado, diced
Lettuce
Sour cream

1. Preheat broiler. Dump the beans into a microwavable bowl. Mix them with the water. Microwave on high for 2 minutes.
2. Oil a baking sheet, and put tostado shells on top. Put beans on top, then sprinkle with the cheese. But the baking sheet in the oven, and broil until the cheese is melted.
3. Top tostados with tomato, avocado, lettuce, and a dollop of sour cream. Enjoy! =)



Leave a comment and let me know how you liked this recipe!





1 comment: