Saturday, January 23, 2010

Tofu Breakfast Burrito

Of course, if I'm going to write a post about tofu, I have to post a recipe with tofu in it! This is what I made with tofu. I usually don't like the scrambled eggs that go into breakfast burritos, but this was really good. So, if you miss the old breakfast burritos with sausage and bacon in them, or even if you never really liked scrambled eggs, this is a great recipe for you to try! Adding salsa would be really good in this, too.
I got the inspiration for this recipe from my "Okay, So Now You're A Vegetarian" book. Originally, it was just the scrambled eggs, but since I live in New Mexico, I had to put them in a tortilla!

1 Egg
1 tbsp milk
Dash salt
1 tbsp oil
1/4 green pepper, diced
1/3 cup chopped onion (red, green, or white, take your pick!)
1/3 cup finely chopped tofu
Grated cheese
1 tortilla
Salsa (optional)

1. Put egg, milk, and salt in a little dish. Scramble them together with a fork. Set aside
2. Put oil in frying pan and heat. Once heated, put in the pepper, onion, and tofu. Cook until veggies are soft and tofu is slightly brown.
3. Add eggs to the veggie mixture, and scramble them! Once the eggs are cooked, add cheese, stirring until melted.
4. Put mixture into tortilla. Add the salsa if desired, then fold into a burrito. Enjoy!

Leave a comment and let me know how you liked this recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment