Sunday, January 24, 2010
Do you know anyone who doesn't like pizza??? I don't! If you're trying to get you're little brothers or sisters to like your cooking, this is a great recipe to win them over with!
I got this recipe from "Hold The Anchovies" by Shelley Rotner and Julia Pemberton Hellums.
For One 12" Crust
1 package (1/4 oz) Rapid-Rise yeast
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/2 cup lukewarm water
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil, plus some extra for bowl and pan
1/2 cup tomato sauce
1 1/2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup of your choice toppings! (pinapple, extra cheese, vegetables, mushrooms, ect...)
1. Dissolve yeast and sugar in water; let stand 2 minutes, until bubbles form
2. Place flour and salt in a medium sized bowl. Make a small well in the center of the flour
3. Pour yeast mixture into the well. Gradually mix the flour from the edges of the well into the yeast, using a wooden spoon. Mix well. Stir in olive oil.
4. Place dough on a lightly floured counter top and kneed it by using a pushing and folding motion for about 1 to 2 minutes, until dough is smooth and elastic.
5. Place dough in an oiled bowl. Brush some oil over the top of dough. Cover and allow dough to rise in a warm place for 15 to 20 minutes, until it doubles in size.
6. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Prepare toppings. Lightly oil a 12 inch pizza plate.
7. Press dough into oiled pan. Prick with fork.
8. Spoon tomato sauce onto the dough and spread it evenly.
9. Sprinkle cheese evenly over the tomato sauce. Add your toppings.
10. Bake in oven 15 to 20 minutes, until cheese is melted and crust is lightly brown. Let cool, and enjoy!
Let me know how you like this recipe!